Draw No Bet is a type of betting offered by many online bookmakers, became popular among players and is one of the most popular betting options for special bets.
It’s a bet where the draw returns back your stake. If the match you have bet ends in a draw, all your money will be returned to you. No profit, no loss.
Let’s see at an example to understand:
Let’s say that Juventus is playing against Ac Milan, and you think that AC Milan should win. However you feel that this will be a difficult task, so a draw is possible. You can bet on Ac Milan for a Draw No Bet (2 DNB).
If Ac Milan win the game, your bet is a winning one. If the game result is a draw, you’re getting back the money you’ve placed for this bet. In case that Juventus won the match, you lose your bet.
If you want to play Draw No Bet and your bookmaker is not offering that type of bet, you can bet with an alternative way, which is exactly the same:
1. Covering the draw: Play the amount you want on ace or double and an extra bet on the draw of the same amount divided by the odds of the draw.
Available amount: 100EUR
Match Odds: 1 (3.50) X (3.60) 2 (2.30)
Your estimated prediction: 1X
Divide your amount (25EUR) with the odds of the draw (3.60) (100:3.60=27.78EUR)
So, you should bet 27.78EUR on X, and the rest (72.22EUR) on 1.
In case of draw, you’re getting back all of your money (100EUR), exactly as would happen with Draw No Bet. If the result is 1, you’ll get 72.22 x 3.50=252.77EUR.
2. Asian Handicap 0: Another alternative way to place a DNB bet if it’s not available from your bookie, is by selecting an Asian Handicap (AH 0) bet οn the team you think has the best chances to win.
DNB Odds – Explained
The odds that bookmakers offer on Draw no bet kind of bets are slightly lower, but this is reasonable. Odds are calculated in a mathematically way that allow bookmakers to hold some profit from the money you bet on X for cover.
In a match with odds 2.40 – 4.00 – 2.40, dnb odds would be like 1.80 – Stake returned – 1.80.
Over Under betting is based on the total goals of a game. Generally in football, the bookmakers set 2.5 goal as the line and the punters choose Under 2.5 goals (no-score, 1 goal and 2 goals) or Over 2.5 goals (3 goals or more).
There is no draw (push) possibility for this bet. It means you will win or lose your stake at the end of 90 minute time. You have 50% chance to win the bet. No extra-time or penalty shoot outs after 90 minute counts for this type of bet.
Football Over Under 2.5 goals example
Arsenal v Charlton -> Under 2.5 Goals = @1.95 | Over 2.5 Goals = @1.90
* Consider that you bet 100 on Under 2.5 goals. If the game ends with 0,1 or 2 goals in total at the end of 90 minutes, your stake will return as 195.
It means you have 195-100 = 95 profit. If the game ends with 3 or more goals in total, you lose your stake.
For some games, the bookmakers offer under/over 3 goals. It means you will get your stake back if the game ends with 3 goals. Over 1.5 & Under 1.5 goals have the same logic. Over 2 & Under 2 goals returns your stake back if the final score is exactly 2 goals.
Basketball Over Under betting
It is the same with any other sports. However, the lines are different from soccer. Lets examine a basketball game.
Miami v San Antonio – Under 170 = @1.91 – Over 170 = @1.91
* Consider that you bet 100 on Under 170. If the game ends with any score under 170 total, your stake will return as 191. It means you have 191-100 = 91 profit.
If the game ends with more than 170 points, you lose your stake. If the game ends with exact 170 points, it means the bet is a push and no wager. You get your stake back.
In the NBA games, extra-times counts for this bet. However, some of the bookies do not count in the extra times for Euro Basket games. Be aware of this when you are thinking of betting on Under / Over. Read the rules of bookmaker carefully.
There are three types of odds. We-The Europeans are very familiar to Decimal (i.e, @2.05). And some of us are familiar to Fractional or USA. Some bookmakers offer USA odds and do not offer its converted type into Decimal. As a result of it, it becomes very hard work to calculate them and some of us can understand what +110 means as Decimal while he is preparing his coupon. Here we try to examine the calculation of each conversion. It is a bit long but give it a chance.
(1.20, 2.30, 10.00, etc.)
People are familiar to Decimal more than the others. Lets examine a sample to understand better. *Say a bookmaker offers @2.30 for a team to win the game and you bet 100$ on that team at @2.30. If that team wins the game, you get 230$ (including the stake) back. Your profit is 230$ – 100$ = 130$.
(+100, -135, +300, etc.)
The ones who bet on US Sports are familiar to these. There are two types of US odds such as positive and negative. The mentalities are different.
Positive odds may have plus (+) in front of the numbers (such as +100, +135, +300, etc). Suppose a bookmaker offers +150 for a team to win the game and you bet 100$ on it. If the team wins, you will get 250$ including your stake. Here the mentality is:
Stake 100$ to make 150 profit + 100$ stake back or Stake 100$ to make (positive number)$ profit + 100$ stake back
Decimal = (Positive US + 100) / 100
Lets calculate the example above; we staked 100$ to win at +150.
( 150 + 100 ) / 100 = 2.50
Negative odds always have minus (-) in front of the number. Suppose a bookmaker offers -120 for a team to win the game. Here, the mentality is the exact opposite. The mentality is:
Stake 120$ to make 100$ profit + 120$ stake back or Stake (negative number)$ to make 100$ profit + negative number)$ stake back
Decimal = (Negative US + 100) / Negative US
Lets calculate the example above; we staked 100$ on the team.
Here we ignore the minus (-).
( 120 + 100 ) / 120 = 1.83
(5/4, 12/7, 7, etc.)
This is also known as UK Odds. It is too easy to understand and calculate. The mentality is:
For example, a bookie offers 5/4 for a team to win a game. Stake 5x to make 4x profit and 5x stake back. Say you bet 100$ on the team to win at 5/4. It means if the team wins, you will have 225$ including the stake. Take a look at the formula below:
Formula: (First Number + Second Number) / Second number
Lets calculate the example above; we staked 100$ on the team.
As a result, you will get 225$ back for your 100$ stake..
If you see only one number as fractional (like 2, 5, 12, etc.), add 1 into the number and you will have the offer.
For example, a bookie offers 4 for a team to win a game. It means stake 1x to make 4x profit. If you put 100$ on the team and the team you bet wins, you get 500$ back.
As a result of, you will get 500$ back for your 100$ stake.
Over the years of betting experience, we noticed some patterns on live football matches. Although it is not 100% accurate but the probability and occurrence is quite high. we have collected all my findings along the bets and consider it as a value assets. I would like to share with you and hope to help all 365tuts.com supporters.
1) Underdog team scores first
If an underdog team who score a goal first in a match, good chance that the strong team will pull back with at least an equalize or a linear win. Hence, If a weak team who score in early match ( best timing is before 10 mins ), place bet on hot favor team to score next goal.
2) Hot favor to scores first
If a hot favor team who score a goal in early minute of match, it’s high chances that the hot favor team will not over come the Asian handicap odds. Hence, if a hot favor is giving 11/2 ball to a weak team and the hot favor team scores at the beginning of match ( best timing is before 6 mins ), then place a bet on weak team Asian handicap.
3) 0 goals for first half is 33.33%
This is for goal line (under/over) betting. From statistic collected, almost 1/3 of first half of football matches end with 0 goals or under. While the odds for the goal line is decreasing, place a bet on OVER for second half and this give you nice hedge.
4) Red card sent off
If a player is sent off in late minute, please a bet on UNDER.
If a player from weak team is sent off in the early minute, place bet on Strong team.
The main advantage of AH is that the draw result is eliminated. In the standard bet, the possibilities of each outcome is 33%. In AH, the draw option is eliminated. Asian handicap betting offers the underdog of the game with an early lead before the kick off. You have two options. Betting on home or away. So, is this something for you?
However, one goal can change everything in your favor, or the opposite side. Let us make you understand with the explanations of the rules below. There are lots of Asian handicap lines and you will read most of them through this page. Please ask your questions in the comments sections below if you do not understand any points or rules. For the rest of the guide, we will use AH for abbreviation.
Asian handicap 0:0 (Level ball – Draw no bet – DNB)
Here the game starts 0-0. No advance is given to any team. Draw option is eliminated and the rules are simple.
Example : Chelsea vs Liverpool AH – 0:0
Home Odds – 1.90 , Away Odds – 1.95
* You bet 100$ on Chelsea to win 0:0 AH at 1.90 odds. To win your coupon, you need Chelsea to win the game, simply to win. If Chelsea wins, you win 100$ X 1.90 = 190$. Your profit is 190$ – 100 = 90$. If a possible draw occurs, you get your stake (100$) back. No wager, no bet. If Chelsea loses the game, you lose your bet too.
* It is the same with Liverpool 0:0 AH. You need Liverpool to win the game, and if a draw occurs, you get your money back. No Wager, no bet. If Liverpool loses, you lose your bet too.
You may see some bookies offer something like DNB, Draw no bet, or Level ball. It is the same with 0:0 AH.
Asian handicap 0.25
Here the game starts 0-1/4. The underdog team is advanced with a quarter goal before the kick off. Draw option is eliminated. It is more complicated from half AH. You win, win half, lose or lose half stake of your bet. Lets examine it by the example below.
Example : Monaco vs Lyon AH – 0:1/4
Home Odds – 2.00 , Away Odds – 1.90
* You bet 100$ on Monaco to win -1/4 AH. To win your coupon, you need Monaco to win the game. If Monaco wins, you win 100$ X 2.00 = 200$. It means you make 200$ – 100$ = 100$ profit. If a draw occurs, you lose half of your stake (50$) and the other half (50$) is back. If Lyon wins the game, you lose your all stake.
* You bet 100$ on Lyon to win +1/4 AH. To win your coupon, you need Lyon to win the game. If Lyon wins the game, you win 100$ X 1.90 = 190$. It means you make 190$ – 100$ = 90$ profit. If a draw occurs, you get half of your stake (50$) back and win the other half (50$) at 1.90. It means, you win 50$ (back) + 95$ (50$ X 1.90) = 145$. Your profit is 145$ – 100$ = 45$.
Asian handicap 0.5
Here the game starts 0-1/2. The underdog team is advanced with a half goal before the kick off. Draw option is eliminated. In addition, there is no money back in any case. You will win or lose your money.
Example : Porto vs Benfica AH – 0:1/2
Home Odds – 1.85 , Away Odds – 2.00
* You bet 100$ on Porto to win -1/2 AH (we use minus (-) if the team is favored by AH). To win your coupon, you need Porto to win. In any other cases, you lose your money. If Porto wins, you win 100$ X 1.85 = 185$. It means you make 185$ – 100$ = 85$ profit. If Benfica wins or the game ends tie, you lose your money.
* You bet 100$ on Benfica to win +1/2 AH (we use plus (+) if the team is advanced by AH). To win your coupon, you need Benfica to win or tie the game at the end of 90 minute-time. If one of these occurs, you win 100$ X 2.00 = 200$. It means you make 200$ – 100$ = 100$ profit. If Porto wins the game, you lose your money.
Porto wins and Porto -1/2 AH is the same things in Asian handicap betting.
Asian handicap 0.75
Here the game starts 0-3/4. The underdog team is advanced with a quarter goal before the kick off. Draw option is eliminated. It is different from 1/4 AH by a slight exception.
Example : Betis vs Real Madrid AH – 3/4:0
Home Odds – 1.90, Away Odds – 1.90
* You bet 100$ on Betis to win +3/4 AH. (Here the home team is underdog; as a result of it, Betis is advanced by the AH). To win your coupon, you need Betis to win or tie the game. If Betis wins or ties the game, you win 100$ X 1.90 = 190$. Your profit is 190$ – 100$ = 90$. Consider that the game ends by Real Madrid win by 1 (0-1, 1-2, 2-3). Thus, you lose your half stake (50$) and the other half (50$) returns. If Real Madrid wins the game by 2 or more goals (0-2, 1-3, 0-3), you lose your all stake.
* You bet 100$ on Real Madrid to win -3/4 AH. To win your coupon, you need Real Madrid to win by 2 or more goals (0-2, 0-3, 1-3). If Real Madrid wins the game by 2 or more goals, you win 100$ X 1.90 = 190$. Your profit is 190$ – 100$ = 90$. If Real Madrid wins by 1 goal (0-1, 1-2, 2-3), you get your half stake (50$) and win the other half (50$ X 1.90). You win 50$ (back) + 95 (50$ X 1.90) = 145$. Your profit is 145$ – 100$ = 45$. If the game ends tied or Betis wins, you lose your all stake.
Asian handicap -1
Here the game starts 0-1. One goal advance is given to underdog team. Draw option is eliminated again.
Example : Juventus vs Bologna AH – 0:1
Home Odds – 1.80, Away Odds – 2.05
* You bet 100$ on Juventus to win -1 AH. To win your coupon, you need Juventus to win by 2 or more goals (2-0, 3-0, 3-1). If Juventus wins by 2 or more goals, you win 100$ X 1.80 = 180$. You profit is 180$ – 100$ = 80$. If Juventus wins by 1 goal (1-0, 2-1, 3-2..), you get your money back. No wager. If the game ties or Bologna wins, you lose all your stake.
* You bet 100$ on Bologna to win +1 AH. To win your coupon, you need Bologna to win, or a draw. If the game ends drawn or Bologna wins, you win 100$ X 2.05 = 205$. Your profit is 205$-100$ = 105$. If Bologna lose by 1 (1-0, 2-1, 3-2), you get your money back. No Wager. However, any Juventus win by 2 or more, make you lose your bet.
Personally, we prefer Asian handicap betting instead of standard betting due to more winning possibilities. The rules may look difficult with the first point of view, but in the end you will find it so easy. Best of luck!